As a family business, we’re keen to support recognised group initiatives and charities local to the areas in which we’re represented. On a yearly basis we can offer a group of chosen charities a grant from The Dickson Fund.
We can’t unfortunately, support appeals from individuals and don’t give to international or national charities.
In short, as a local family business we look to support the local community.
Examples of who we can support:
• Play Groups/Mothers & Toddlers/Schools/Lunch Clubs
• Religious organisations
• Local Sport associations
• Individual Amateur Teams
• Youth projects
• Initiatives which support the elderly
• Drop in Centres
• Homeless and Local Refugee support groups
• Womens refuge
If you’re a community group or charity organising an event we can offer up to 30% off your purchase.
How does it work?
1) Contact your local store manager with details of your event, accompanying evidence and the catering support you require
2) The manager will then calculate the full retail value of your food requirements and offer discount as follows:
a. Retail spends over £50 will receive 10% discount
b. Retail spends over £100 will receive 20% discount
c. Retail spends over £200 will receive 30% discount
3) Organise your own collection of the products on the day of your event with the store manager.
For a Dickson grant please write to Dicksons Philanthropy Committee on letterhead or email us, briefly describing your organisation and the benefit a grant would give.Head Office/Factory, M I Dickson Ltd, Unit 1, Heddon Way, Middlefields Industrial Estate, South Shields, NE34 0NT